Most of us are aware of the dangers of electricity. Avoid the potential hazards of electrical by following a few simple tips from South East Electrical.
Electrical Tips For Around Your Home
- Water and electricity don’t mix. Don’t touch electrical outlets and objects with wet hands or feet. Don’t use electrical appliances on or near water.
- Avoid running extension cords across driveways or other areas where they might get damaged. As above, avoid any area where they may get wet.
- Don’t use appliances that have frayed or worn cords.
- If you get a shock from an appliance disconnect it and don’t use it. Get it checked before using it.
- If you get a shock or tingle from a metal surface or tap or metal fixture in your house, call us immediately. You could have an earth leak or other potentially dangerous electrical fault.
- Don’t overload your electrical outlets. They’re not designed to take indefinite loads.
- If you feel your outlet getting warm, or an extension cable, this could be an indication it is overloaded. It could also indicate other faults. Call us to get it checked.
- Upgrade your circuit boards.
- Don’t do your own electrical DIY. Get a licensed electrician in. Call us on 1300 997 621
- Childproof electrical outlets.
- Make sure you have safety switches installed. If not, get them installed. Test them regularly.
- Doing work in the yard. Dial Before You Dig.
Don’t take risks with your electrical safety. If you have any doubts about anything in your home give us a call to discuss it.