Gold Coast real estate agents trust our smoke alarm servicing and maintenance to keep their rental properties safe. Smoke alarm testing services are perfect for homes and businesses.
About three quarters of Queensland deaths in home fires are in homes without smoke alarms. It’s a simple fact that smoke detectors save lives. As a home owner you have a responsibility to make sure your smoke detectors are operating correctly.
Smoke Alarms: Your Obligations
To comply with legislation, interconnected photoelectric smoke alarms are required:
- From 1 January 2017: in all new dwellings and substantially renovated dwellings (this applies to building applications submitted from 1 January 2017).
- From 1 January 2022: in all domestic dwellings leased and sold.
- From 1 January 2027: in all other domestic dwellings.
For updated information about Queensland’s smoke alarm legislation go to the Queensland Government’s website.
Our Smoke Alarm Services
South East Electrical provide comprehensive smoke detector testing for agents, landlords and tenants.
The test will include the following:
- Check expiry date (once the detector is ten years old it is required to be replaced
- Battery change
- Complete a smoke test
- Advise if existing location of each detector is correct with current regulations
Gold Coast Smoke Alarm Services
For smoke detector alarm services including maintenance and compliance call South East Electrical. We service real estate agencies, landlords and home owners in the Gold Coast and Brisbane area. South East Electerical provide fire alarm risk management services in compliance with the legislative requirements under the Fire and Rescue Service Amendment Act 2006.
Why Use South East Electrical For Your Smoke Detector Testing
- We’re a local Gold Coast company who have been servicing the Gold Coast for over a decade.
- Our expertise in smoke alarms and smoke detector systems.
- We do more than smoke alarms. We’re a complete electrical company.